Friday, February 25, 2022

Planning Blog: Title Design

 The opening credits of my film will be in the Goudy Old Style font. I really like the way this font looks, and think it fits my film well. It is very elegant and gives off a bit of a mysterious air. Overall, I think it will look very good in my opening credits.



The credits will either be bolded, italicized, or both. I will have to experiment with this while editing. I will end up choosing whichever looks the best.

The credits will not have any special sort of way of appearing. They will not be typed in for example. Additionally, they will not be embedded into the setting. I don't think this would fit the genre of my film. In all of my research for title design in my chosen genre, embedded credits were never used. Most of them were just presented on the screen and then disappeared. I plan to do this or I will take inspiration from some of the titles I saw and have it cut to a blank background with the credit on it. If doing this, the opening credits of my film would transition back and forth from actual footage to a blank background with credits on it.

The color of the credits will depend on multiple things. If I decide to just overlay the credits on top of the footage, then I will choose a color that contrasts well with the background. If I decide to overlay the credits onto a blank background, then I will have to choose a font color which contrasts well with the background.

The titles will dissappear after about 3-5 seconds. The working title of my film is "An Unknown Place."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planning Blog: Title Design

 The opening credits of my film will be in the Goudy Old Style font. I really like the way this font looks, and think it fits my film well. ...